Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Week 7 blog

I would have my students use wikis or blogs for various different things i suppose. For instance on the blogs i could have the students in my health or P.E class blog about different ways they exercise throughout the week to keep healthy or too workout. I could also have them blog about what they eat throughout the week to keep up with a healthy balanced diet. Or could even have them use the wikis to keep up and have a better track of things instead of keeping it on paper so they could go back and look at it easier.

Social bookmarking is a pretty cool way to share material with fellow students or friends but also would think there is just as easy ways to do this other than social bookmarking. I think in certain cases it would be useful for my students. For instance in case i need them to find many different sites foe certain things in class and need to share that information with there classmates then it would come in handy. And i would be interested in creating a voice thread, i think they are pretty cool be able to access them through DVDs and mp3 which allot of us use. And also being able to make different voice or designing how u want it to look and sound.

I think learning communties are good way to help students achieve many goals. Without these support groups somtimes it would very hard for some students to make it through. I also believe that it would be very uesful for me as a teacher, these learning commuties have been used by teachers and students foe awhile now, and its diffently not going to hurt me to take advantage of this as a teacher.

5 comments:

  1. I also agree that learning communities could be valuable in the classroom. Students could benefit from interaction with others concerning subject matter in order to better understand it. I feel that teachers could benefit as well. Sharing ideas through these tools could be a way to motivate and peek interest in students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard Smith-You have a very good point on the blogging or Wikis using them to keep up with their diets or exercise, I didnt even think about that, and I also agree with you on social bookmarking that its a cool idea but at the same time its just something that would waste my time more than anything. Richard Smith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that learning communities provide a lot of benefit to us as teachers to guide ours students. The benefit is likely to be limited unless the students decide to utilize this technology outside the classroom. Unless the school district provides each student with an Internet connection at home, it will be difficult to require any forms of its use outside of the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that it is a great idea to use a blog to keep up with diet and exercise. I have an app on my iPhone that I use for this also. However, no one else can view it like they could with a blog. It would be helpful for you to monitor their progress and give feedback on their diet and exercise habits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea on the students using blog for daily diet and exercise. I hadn't thought of that. This can realy help you monitor students progress or concerns.

    ReplyDelete